In June I posted my 10 favourite articles from the first 6 months of the year here.
Every time I come across one I like I save it in a folder, so here are my 10 favourites from July until now:
1) Cote de Texas –Top Ten Design Elements #2 [Slipcovers]
Joni Webb writes this Blog/Virtual Magazine. Her blog is ranked in the top 5 because her posts are extraordinary and thoroughly researched. In this post, she tells you everything you ever needed to know about slipcovers!
I had to include one more photo as these are tailored slipcovers – amazing!
2. Victoria Lambert (part of the dynamic duo at Design Ties) wrote a fabulous post about black and white interiors! Click here to read.
3. Tracy at Comfort & Luxury wrote two tutorials, here and here, on hanging art or collections! The second one she outlines exactly how to hang mis-matched frames!
Since a huge part of my design work includes styling and finishing the spaces I decorate for my clients, I love these types of posts!
4. Lisa at The Lisa Porter Collection wrote a great post called ‘Hospitality’.
Everything you need to know on getting your house and guest rooms ready! Beautiful, just like Lisa and her lovely blog!
5. Lauren at Pure Style Home wrote an amazing post Natural Rugs; Seagrass, Sisal, Jute, Synthetic & Wool Rug: The Low-down that landed in the Washington Post Blog Watch. Lauren is a highly talented designer who’s house appears frequently in her blog because she’s always doing something new and beautiful to it!
6. Things that Inspire, a well-loved and popular blog wrote Trendy Elements that scream 2000’s a fabulous article (that made the Washington Post Blog Watch for the 10th time—I’m quite sure she has the most in the post :).
7. Brooke at Velvet & Linen posted a house that her husband Steve had completed and it had been staged beautifully, a treat to see, click here. We love her blog, it’s like the blogosphere’s version of the Lifestyles of the [blogger/designer] Rich and Famous 🙂
8. La Dolce Vita wrote Putting it all on The Table. A great post about tablescapes (shhh, don’t tell her I said that, she hates that word 🙂
I could take this opportunity to plug the one I wrote as well, but I won’t because this is about everyone else.
9. Greet at Belgian Pearls; Belgian Interiors & Restoration Hardware
Belgian inspired interiors are all the rage to replace the brown-on-brown interiors that we have been inundated with for so long and Greet did a wonderful and thorough post on how to create the look yourself!
10. Kristin at Discover: Interior Design posted an interview she did with another blogger favourite Valerie at Visual Vamp on her Design Resolutions for 2010. It’s a perfect article to include in this post because that’s what we’ll be thinking about next and it’s so funny and playful, just like Valerie!
So there you go my lovelies, some fabulous posts to read this holiday week!
*All images from the blog posts I’ve mentioned
If you would like to transform the way you see colour, become a True Colour Expert.
10 of my Favourite posts (from Jan – June, 2009)
10 Things Every Blogger Should Know
10 Commandments for a Happy, Chic Home
While you’re here, subscribe to this feed so you don’t miss out!
I'll be lingering here for a good hour reading through all the links. I'll start with the black and white, that's the one I love best.
I hope you had a brilliant holiday.
Wow Maria. Thank you so much. I'm enormously flattered to be included in such a fantastic group. Just the boost I needed to inspire me as we begin the new year!
what a great list – I totally agree of course!
Once again, fantastic post.
I really hope you'll win The Homies 2009. As I posted there, you're a real blogger: the way you share your knowledge and your positive energy is truly amazing. Thank you 🙂
maria……….just lost an hour today pouring over this great post! learned much and that is a sign of a great post. thank you and best of the best for you in 2010
Thanks so much for sharing, now I'm off to reading, love it!
I agree with all of your picks, and thanks for sharing them. I also bookmarked your 10 things every blogger should know, as I have not been blogging long and appreciate the tips! I down loaded windows writer and love it. Thank you and hope 2010 is wonderful for all of us. 🙂
Thank you Maria!!!!! You are always so supportive and generous!!!
This was a great surprise this morning. Thank you!!!
Maria, thank you so much! I am so flattered!! This is such a great list. I will have to go back and re-read some of these posts.
Thanks so much for sharing such a fantastic list. It's a great way to review the year and discover some great new blogs. Thank you!
These are great pics. Thanks for putting them together in one spot. My favorite is Joni's second picture. Perfect. So fresh!
Thank you SO much for the mention – I am honored! As you know, I usually do a year end compilation of my favorite posts, but I think my list is over 50 long and I kind of gave up after September…I will see if I can salvage something, though!
Best wishes for a wonderful 2010!
Victoria will be thrilled to know you've included her black & white post in your top ten 🙂
I'm off to check out your other top ten posts 🙂
great round up! thanks for introducing me to some lovely new blogs!
love love love those slim slipcovers!
Wow what beautiful pics. I think my favorite is the last one of the tablescape. But it would be hard to top Joni! Enjoyed the post. Thank you. nancy
Wow, thank you Maria!
Steve is so honored to have one of his homes included on your list.
Like Holly (Things That Inspire), I don't think I could narrow down my favorites to just 10. I've saved at least two dozen posts from your blog alone!
Happy New Year Maria, and thank you again for this wonderful surprise.
Great selection, I knew most of the blogger and I am discovering a few new ones.
Happy New Year, Maria!
Thank you, Maria. Looking forward to checking these out!
Great posts indeed!
Happy New Year,Maria. I don't need any Shelter Mags when I have you and your wonderful blog. And….you even read my blog once in awhile-how sweet you are. I love the frames of colour, the green sofa, that beautiful green and cream bathroom and and although I couldn't maintain a tablescape in my home if my life depended on it, I love the beautiful images of them that you post. Thank you.
Thanks Maria, somehow I managed to miss most of these great posts !
Hi Maria! So happy to be included here this year! Stop by–I miss you!
MMMM, I just wanna plop myself on one of those chairs and sleep the day away. 🙂
Looking forward to more 'favourites'!
Just wanted to say thank you for posting #3 – how to hang a picture gallery. I SOOOOOO could have used that tutorial for the mismatched frames a few months ago. This was perfect and I will be using it in the future! Yay, feel releaved to have found it 🙂
Happy New Year!
Hi Maria, I've been reading your blog for a few months, but just saw this one now and it was great. I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts because in addition to the lovely photos, they're always filled with info for you to take away and apply to your own home/website/business. Thank you!