Want to grow and learn from a well-published colour and design brand?
Maria Killam is a designer, decorator, stylist, author, teacher and internationally sought-after colour expert. With a unique voice in the design world, she has been educating professionals, DIYers and homeowners about colour since 2009. Maria is a trusted advisor and True Colour Expert for audiences around the world with colour products, design services and a learning academy delivering online and live training courses to a global audience.
Virtual Junior Colour Designer Wanted
Our eDesign department can’t keep up! We need a JUNIOR designer who can handle our busy customer interface in our eDesign department with opportunities for growth into assembling Maria’s advice into presentations for clients. This is an entry-level position.
Your admin responsibilities will include:Customer service for the busy eDesign inbox looking after all email queries as well as ensuring that the eDesign project schedule runs smoothly and the eDesign project deadlines are met.
Clients’ orders and files are accurately set up and the very busy eDesign inbox queries are always professionally replied to.
You must have strong written communication skills to successfully promote and sell and eDesign packages. Email us here with a resume and cover letter.
You are an absolutely meticulous organizer – You believe everything has a place and find sorting, colour-coding, stacking, and rearranging to be very satisfying.
You have an excellent eye for design – You have some professional (or comparable) interior design experience and are passionate about taking your design skills to the next level.
- Disciplined time management with excellent organization – you get things done, meet deadlines, and keep promises
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills – you have a knack for putting ideas into words, sharing your vision, and ensuring everyone is on the same page
- Meticulous and detailed (we mention this more than once because it is critical to your success)
- Familiar with eCommerce and customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Experience with Zoom, Slack and all social media platforms (WooCommerce is a plus)
- You have a no-task-is-too-small can-do attitude; you’re compelled to go the extra mile to get things done
Because we are a Canadian company, this is an hourly paid contract position for someone located in North America (US or Canada). Current starting rate is $22/hour. It could be a part-time (min. 25 hours/week) or a full-time position (40 hours/week) working standard Monday to Friday from 9-5 with the expectation of some after-hour or weekend email communication.
Working at Maria Killam Inc. is demanding, but also fun and very rewarding. If you are willing to put in the effort and learn as much as you can, there will be room for you to grow with us.
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Submit to: [email protected]