Are you ready for your dream job!
Maria Killam is a designer, decorator, stylist, author, blogger, teacher and internationally sought-after colour expert. With a unique voice in the design world she has been educating professionals, DIYers and home owners about colour since 2009. Maria is a trusted advisor and True Colour Expert for audiences around the world with colour products, design services and a learning academy delivering online and live training courses to a global audience.
Maria Killam Inc. is looking for an organized, self-motivated, meticulous Personal & Administrative Assistant to work directly with two owners of the company.
You are tech savvy, thrive on variety, bring organization, admin work and can multitask or pivot to do whatever it takes. You think out of the box and are a natural problem solver
Must live within driving distance of Yarrow, BC. This job will be approximately 50% of the time working at the Yarrow office and 50% working virtual.
• Providing efficient experienced administrative support to owners
• Assist in photo and video shoots
• Provide customer service support
• Experienced in preparing reports
• Manage calendars & emails
• Personal errands
• Handling Social media posts, edits and schedules
• Project Manage and coordinate live and online events.
• Travel arrangements & Scheduling
• Answer telephones
• Organize office and all work space and storage areas
• Maintain inventory
• Assuring discreet handling of all personal business
• Attend off-site design consultations
• Excellent organization, disciplined time management
• Meticulous and detailed
• Photoshop and Adobe Suite; InDesign, Illustrator
• Applicable knowledge of the online business world, eCommerce familiar with CRM
• Work with Zoom, Slack and other platforms
• Advanced computer skills, including Mac software, G Suite, Microsoft
• Experience with multiple Social Media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tik Tok, You Tube
• Exceptional grammar, spelling, and copy-editing
• Great anticipation skills
• Self-starter and resourceful
• Flexible, Adaptable in constantly changing environment
• Analytical and strategic thinker
• Customer service focused
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills
• Work independently yet still be a part of a team
• Enthusiastic, natural leader
• 5 years’ experience support executive role
• Minimum high school graduate
This is a full-time position (40 hours week) working standard Monday to Friday from 9-5 with the expectation of after hour and some weekend email communication. Compensation will be competitive, depending on experience.
Working at Maria Killam Inc. is demanding, but also fun, and very rewarding. It’s hard work, but if you put in the effort and do a good job, there will be much to learn, and a lot of room for you to grow with us.
If all this sounds like your dream job, send us your resume with a cover letter, social media links, salary expectations and tell us why you want this job and why you would be a good fit.
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Submit to: [email protected]