Personal & Administrative Assistant Wanted!
Maria Killam Inc. is looking for an organized, self-motivated, meticulous Personal Administrative Assistant.
This will be a full time one-year position to cover maternity leave. Position starts immediately and the right person could stay on permanently.
Maria Killam is the CEO and Founder of the System for Specifying Colour: Understanding Undertones. She is an educator, design blogger, decorator, stylist, best selling author, and internationally sought-after colour expert. With a unique voice in the design world she has been educating the public about colour since 2008.
This will be an extraordinary opportunity to learn Maria’s proprietary system with full-immersion in interior design in a web-based business including social media.
The Personal / Admin Assistant will provide service ranging from administrative duties, organizing, answering phones, running errands, costing/pricing, rearranging things, photo and video shoots, keeping office supplies in order, filing, online research, shipping, expense reports, email correspondence and customer service – basically open to providing any support required.
We are a very small office with a remote team with a fast & busy business and lifestyle. This job requires someone with a ‘whatever it takes’ approach to work, who loves to learn, contribute and doesn’t mind often working alone or from home. Don’t let the address deter you – it will be worth the drive!
Must be Social Media savvy with knowledge of the online business world, eCommerce, some Power Point, Infusionsoft, Indesign or Illustrator.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities – include but are not limited to:
- Providing full administrative support to owners and online design team
- Meticulously assemble and ship course materials
- Customer service correspondence
- Experienced with Adobe Suite – Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Tracking expenses, costing, pricing
- Coordinating travel
- Managing the office, supplies, contractors and service providers.
- Organizing and maintaining online and office filing systems.
- Rearranging, organizing warehouse, keeping supplies in order
- Shipping and tracking packages, materials including returns
- Coordinating meetings and events
- Carrying out personal errands
- Help set up video and photo shoots
- Answering phone
Knowledge & Skills Required – Include but are not limited to:
- Minimum five years’ related experience is required
- Is Service and team focused
- Is organized, and loves structure and order
- Social Media savvy with knowledge of the online business world, CRM, eCommerce
Experienced Personal /Admin assistant only please. This is not a design position but interest and experience in design is preferred.
Must live in the lower mainland of British Columbia. This is a one year covering maternity leave full-time position working part-time in studio office and part-time from home.
If you are interested in the role please send your resume with a cover letter and any of your social media links to: admin at maria killam dot com (this email is intentionally spelled out to avoid bots). Please use standard email format to contact us. Again, this position starts immediately and you must live in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia.