FULL-TIME Virtual Senior Colour Designer
Maria Killam’s eDesign department is BUSY and we need help!
Maria Killam is Founder and Creative Director of THE System for Specifying Colour – Understanding Undertones®, Interior Decorator, Author, Educator, and internationally sought-after Colour Expert. Maria Killam has been a leader in eDesign and online consultations since 2010 specializing in specifying colour online via eDesign.
Are you someone who can take one look at an interior or exterior and know what colours it needs to be or better yet, why it’s not working or how it could be better?
We are looking for an experienced, full-time Interior Decorator or Designer with exceptional colour skills to work with our remote team in a senior position.
Ideally you have 5 years of experience working in the interior design industry.
This is a remote, freelance contracted position working with our team in North America.
You must live and reside in North America.
Enhance your portfolio and skill set by working with us doing eDesign and getting a deeper learning in Maria’s proprietary system for choosing colour and understanding undertones.
What’s involved: (duties)
- Evaluate colours and undertones based on the photos received.
- Work with the eDesign team to identify which paint colours to specify to make those spaces look great.
- Where appropriate, identify and recommend hard finishes based on colour evaluation for countertops, backsplash tile, bathroom tile and fixtures, and faucets, lighting fixtures, hardware, outdoor planters, railings
- Identify and recommend exterior finishes for roofing, siding, windows, door colour and pavers.
- Respond to client email inquiries and offer product solutions
- Prepare well-written communications to client
- Evaluate projects with eDesign team and make recommendations to present to client
- Assemble slides for the client’s presentations, both from our library of slides and creating new ones when necessary
- Review consultations for flow, spelling, grammar, tense, content and readability
- Prepare creative, thoughtful client presentations
- At least 5 to 10 years of professional design experience preferred
- Extraordinary grasp of colour and the nuances of undertones; however if you are not trained in my system but are great with colour, I can train you.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experienced in online design consultations an asset
- Experience with Google Slide and or PowerPoint or other client presentation software
- At least 5 to 10 years of working with interior design projects/decorating
- Must have flexible hours Mon-Fri and answer emails evenings and weekends
- Must have a new or up-to-date perfect colour display computer monitor – Apple/Mac preferred
Keys to Success:
- You have an extraordinary commitment to customer delight
- You strive to maintain the highest standards of quality
- You get results with integrity and make the best decisions for the client
- You have good planning and organizational skills for yourself and others
- You’re open, proactive and have a collaborative approach to team working
- You have excellent attention to detail
- Above all, you love to share and learn and want to be inspired, as well as inspire others.
We will train the right person on Maria’s system of Understanding Undertones.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a FULL-TIME POSITION Hours are 35-40 per week. This is not a job you can fit around your existing full-time design business. Your time is flexible, however most work is completed during business hours.
Please send a cover letter with portfolio photos and links to social media accounts here. We will contact qualified applicants with next steps.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.