These tips come to you from Eileen Kathryn Boyd inside Lonny Magazine. I am a huge fan of Eileen’s work and loved her colour tips on balancing bold colours. And if you look at the photos I’m showing and the rest in the magazine, you’ll see what she’s talking about!
1. “Pick one color that resonates with you and weave it through your home in artwork, accessories, fabrics and paint colors.”
2. “If you make a statement with a bold wall color, use that color again in smaller doses with accessories. Visually ease the color impact by layering artwork on the walls.”
3. “Create your own personal color story by finding a color you respond to and look good in. Everyone should look good in their own home.”
4. “Pillowscapes are a great way to show off color without making a large investment”
5. “Use colorful wallpaper to line the back of bookcases and breakfronts.” And if you don’t know what a breakfront is (never heard of it 🙂 click here to read the definition.
I was quite fascinated to see that the common ‘bold’ colour that Eileen uses throughout her home is Pink! Or Raspberry. Or Pantone’s Colour of 2011. Pretty interesting don’t you think?
Are you ready to introduce a new bold colour in your home?
Maria Killam is an acclaimed decorator, stylist, and a leading authority on colour. Known for her revolutionary Killam Colour System™ and her innovative Understanding Undertones® Neutral Colour Wheel, she's also an educator, sharing her expertise and insights on all things colour along with her timeless design aesthetic.
Colour Made Easy™