I have received the Honest Scrap award from lovely Jane at Artfully Graced. Thank you!!
The rules are you must share ‘10 honest things about yourself and link to the person who gave you the award, as well as tag 7 other blogs that you love!
So here goes:
1. I am not a runner (but would like to be), never have been able to run because my knees would always hurt after about 20 minutes. Then this summer my knees hurt all the time (at the gym) and I found out I needed orthotics. So possibly, all this time, I could have been a runner!
2. I have the most sensitive ears. They hurt immediately if I am out in the cold without a hat, so in the winter, I wear a lot of hats!
This is me snowshoeing last winter (well now we were going down hill so I was walking/sliding) but it cannot possibly get any dorkier than me in that white hat with the ear flaps!!
3. When I go on a beach vacation, you’ll find me by the pool reading a trashy novel (it’s the only time I get to read them).
I still have one on my bookshelf that I love, Eternity by Maggie Shayne, it’s a fun read:
Hey I just realized there are 3 of them when I linked it!! I have only read two!
4. I love flowers! I would love for my house to always have the scent of Casablanca lilies and I also adore tulips! This photo is from the Tulip festival in Anacortes last year!
5. I have done the master cleanse once. . . lasted 5 days (it’s supposed to go for 10).
6. When I was in school, my mom would make us the exact same lunch every day (and I loved it). Open faced dark sourdough bread with cheese and sometimes alfalfa sprouts on the top (I did NOT like it when the other kids called them worms).
7. I hate pumping gas. There is nothing but self serve stations where I live!
8. It took me 10 years to find the perfect stylist. You know how you get your hair done and it’s fabulous and then you go back and say “do that again?” and they don’t remember exactly how they did it so it’s never the same again? Well, if you live in Vancouver and want perfect layered hair every time, call Amber at Bliss Hair Salon; 604.710.7157. I used to have ‘good hair days’ and ‘bad hair days’, now (unless I don’t curl it right) it’s always a good hair day!
9. I love Salt & Vinegar Chips.
10. I love Little House on the Prairie. When I was little, we didn’t have a TV (my parents thought it was evil) and my 2 uncles lived with us in the basement and they had a TV, so once a week, we got to go into their suite and watch this show, it was the only one we were allowed to see!
If you would like to transform the way you see colour, become a True Colour Expert.
6 Way’s I’ve grown through writing a Blog
Where you’ll find me on Friday Mornings
While you’re here, subscribe to this feed so you don’t miss out!
Maria, you are amazing. I absolutely love your blog, and I find you so inspiring. You are a true color expert, but what I appreciate just as much is your willingness to encourage others. Thank you for sharing your advice on blogging – and everything else! I started my blog earlier this year, but just recently have decided to really "go for it." I respect what you have done, and consider your blog a model for what I would love to accomplish. Thank you! And of course, thank you for your fantastic color insights. I absolutely love each and every post!
By the way, I tried to become a follower using the "openURL" option, but I'm not sure if it worked. I just started using the Networked Blogs app from Facebook for my "community" but maybe I should consider switching.
Dearest Maria, I might be the first to read it, but the last to write it, since now it's way past my bedtime and stories need to be told with a fresher mind….
I am honored that you've tagged me, holy scrap, I promise to be honest!
Thank you for passing it on to me among the others!
Loved to read your 10 things…
Let's just say I can relate!!!
Hugs from across the night sky!
Hi Maria! I loved reading your Honest Scrap post.Your photo with the ear flaps is cute…dorky, yes, but cute! It's been fun learning more about you. (And I had never heard of the lemonade diet! Sounds drastic…but something to think about.) Thanks for following through and sharing parts of YOU.
Jane (artfully graced)
RE: 10 Things I hate/love/share about me.
1. I’m a runner (started running 3 years ago at the age of 54), and yes, I have to wear orthotic inserts in my running shoes, lol!) I have a love/hate relationship with running. Love it when it feels fun and exhilarating; hate it when it feels like too much work or some old body parts don’t want to co-operate.
2. I have sensitive ears too. Winters are long and cold in Ontario, so goofy hats are the norm. 🙂
3. I’ve never had a beach vacation. Oh how I’d love to see a real live palm tree growing on a white sand beach, by a warm, turquoise sea. Add a trashy novel, a Margarita, some sun and a gentle breeze…ahhhhhh… I can only dream.
4. I LOVE flowers too!! My favourites are peonies. I grow them in my backyard and cut them to bring indoors (during their all-too-brief blooming period).
5. I’ve done the Sambu 5-Day Elderberry Cleanse. Decided once was enough… I’m not a big fan of starving ;-}
6. I had to laugh when I read the lunch your Mom made for you every day (dark sourdough bread with cheese and sometimes alfalfa sprouts). Your Mom was a hippy right? I know, because I used to make sourdough bread and grow my own sprouts and make my own yogurt etc, too. We were all about Mother Nature in the sixties.
7. (MK) “I hate pumping gas.” I SO agree!!!
8. I’ve had the same hair stylist for 25 years. I love her… she’s awesome and I don’t know what I’d do without her.
9. I hate salt & vinegar chips! They’re so salty… and vinegary!
10. Good ol’ Little House on the Prairie. Good-night, Mary Ellen. Good-night, John Boy. Good-night Maria. Thanks for sharing the things you love/hate. (And thanks so much for resending your special report.) Much appreciated. Once again, you are the best!!!
The salt and vinegars and Little House – I knew I liked you for a reason!
I'm so honored that you've tagged me! My God! Don't know what to say!!! Honestly! Uau!
When I woke up this morning and checked my emails (on my phone in bed) i was like: OMG! I was tagged! Maria tagged me!!! (honestly, that's the only thing i was saying to myself…)
Thank you very much.
Have a good weekend.
You are tooo funny!!! I like Salt and Vinegar chips and Little House on The Prairie too but I'll pass on the dorky hat and most definitely the master cleanse!
How delightful to learn more about you! I am amazed at the little things we all have in common.
Maria – While I've thought it would be fabulous for you to be in Oregon so I could learn more from you here's a wonderful reason to entice you — NO self serve gasoline. It's against the law in our state. Yes — we sit in the car through the wind and rain and the gas station attendants pump the gas.
Ready to move?
Well, thank you, Maria! I am honored that you even thought of me! I do know what you mean about finding your perfect stylist. I had one and then she stopped doing hair. That period of time she did my hair it never looked so good or healthy. I'm still searching!
It's so nice to learn more about you and realize that we all have things in common. I give credit to anyone who can do the master cleanse even if it's only for a few days; I couldn't do it for more than a day!
I LOOOVE salt and vinegar chips too!! I get them every day with my lunch!!
Isn't life so much easier after you found your perfect-match hair stylist?! And I love the picture of you snowshoeing. You look adorable!
Maria, this was such a charming post. Very fun! I think it's a great way to get to know about other people's blogs too. I love that you were brave enough to even admit to the "trashy" novels. Other people's "guilty pleasures" are always good for a little giggle. Glad I subscribed to your blog! Well, I hope that this tagging eventually makes it's way to me and the others whose blogs I love.
Pangaea @ Pangaea Interior Design
Maria, I've just finished writing for my lovely blog award!
Thanks again, have fun reading!!!
PS: Love your earflaps and your love for reading…;)
Loved this list. I have many of the same interests: hats, salt and vinegar chips (love how they embrace it in London), casablanca lilies, and hats!
Ahhh, trashy reads – the BEST time is on vacation by the pool. Hope you have a good weekend!
Such a fun idea! I too am NOT a runner though I wish I was – seems like such a fast way to get in shape – just run everyday – but nope. Can't do it.
I also hate pumping gas and right now my car/gas tank it all screwed up (though I'm too lazy and cheap to get it fixed) so I can only put in maybe $20 at a time before it won't let me add anymore. Needless to say this makes for at least 3 or 4 trips to the pump each week. UGH
I love these kinds of post because you get to learn fun things about the blogger.
I don't like pumping gas either:)
You're so generous and this list is fun! Thanks for always giving us more than we expect. Great post of fun. You're a treasure!
I love this post, Maria! Thank you for sharing!!
Thank you so much Maria!!
I loved reading all of your answers on this post!
Maria: Just got back from out of town and saw that you tagged me. So much fun! I LOVED reading the 10 things about you. I too love avacodo open faced sandwhiches with sprouts and was addicted to Little House on the Prarie too. I've got my kids watching it now now too. In fact, we just drove about 3 hours in the car and they have every season and watched while we drove!
I'll get to my 10 tonight!
It's always fun to read posts like this 🙂
Little House on the Prairie was my favourite TV show. LOVED it!! Of course, Half Pint was my favourite character 🙂 Did you know that the real-life Almonzo grew up in Malone, New York?? I've been to his family's homestead in Malone — it was SO cool being there!!
I'm not a runner, I don't like running, I don't want to run!! I need a new hair stylist — too bad I don't live in Vancouver. And I hate pumping gas too, but I do it because my car is a diesel and I'm afraid a gas station attendant might use regular gas by mistake. Hmmmm, then again, I also worry that I might use regular gas by mistake!! 😉
Great post! It's so nice to learn more about bloggers out there. I feel the same way about running, and filling the car with gas.
Thanks for listing some new blogs (to me at least)!
Maybe the cold ears is a Canadian thing as I am the same. And the gas pump………..please, I have never pumped my own gas.Think I am afraid of getting it all over me as I am not the most graceful gal out there. Fun reading. Xo
Maria, thank you for tagging me. I will post mine later this week!! We have a lot in common!
I loved Little House On The Prairie, too!!!
I wish they still played it in reruns somewhere- I'd still watch it.
Fun answers, Maria.
Sweet Generous Maria, to list all of those great bloggers-You are one of a kind! Don’t ever change your warmth factor!