Spend two days with me where I will reveal what doesn’t get covered in design school, the colour industry, with your contractor, or anywhere else online or in print. You’ll walk away knowing precisely how to distinguish undertones and work with complex neutrals, and your eye will be trained to see what others just can’t. This training is open to all designers, colour enthusiasts and homeowners alike.
You’ll also learn my Killam Colour System™, a proven technique that will give you the expertise and confidence you need to raise your rates immediately.
My method covers:
- Day 1: My System for Understanding Undertones™. It all comes down to 9 undertones. ANYWHERE you go in the world, they are the same. They can be transferred to ANY colour system – wall colour, countertops, tiles, fabric, wallpaper and more.
- Day 2: ALL NEW! The White Workshop. Learn everything you need to know about choosing white. It includes the 4 gradations of white, when and how to specify them, plus the control whites you’ll need for choosing white tile accurately.
- Learn the must-know principles of colour consulting that will give your clients true value in their decorating, renovating, or building projects.
- Find out how to help your clients get more from their budgets than they thought possible
- Discover 10 steps you’ll use to ace every consultation.
- Learn the exact language you’ll use to help your clients understand the “why” of your suggestions (i.e., why “this” is the best choice and why “that” isn’t). Often you know intuitively that something works or doesn’t but you aren’t able to explain why your suggestions are correct.
- How to see when colour can create magic and when it can’t.
True Colour Expert Training Includes:
- 2 days of live, virtual training with internationally known colour designer, Maria Killam.
- Your own complete and extensive workbook filled with useful cheat sheets, business forms and templates, plus information you can refer back to as you build your experience and train your eye.
- Maria’s two e-books, How to Choose Paint Colours — It’s All in the Undertones; White is Complicated
- Hands-on exercises with fabric, tiles and paint chips.
- SPECIAL in-class rates on my colour boards
- Certification as a True Colour Expert™ with a certified button to display on your website and print materials
- Access to an exclusive Killam Colour Academy Facebook page. This is PRICELESS! Especially if you work alone and sometimes need a sounding board for the endless decisions in your design and colour consulting business
There is only one way in the world to become a True Colour Expert, and you’re looking at it. Space is limited to allow for interactive and hands-on learning, so reserve your spot now.
Still wondering if this training is for you? If you have the passion to start down this new path, you are welcome regardless of credentials or experience!
IDCEC APPROVED: If you are an interior designer who needs CEUs to maintain your ASID or IDCEC status, note that this course is IDCEC approved, with credits granted for each day of training.
LIVE TRAINING CANCELLATION POLICY:
These uncertain times are unlike anything in history and changes may come up unexpectedly. If you must cancel prior to 3-weeks-out from your scheduled Specify Colour With Confidence Training you can receive a refund, minus a $500 non-refundable processing fee.
Cancellations after this date will not be eligible for a refund. Instead, your deposit can be applied to any Specify Colour With Confidence Training held within the following 12 calendar months.
Alternatively, you may have someone substitute for your participation in the course. Call Maria Killam Inc. Customer Service Department at 1- 604-490-6251 at least 30 days prior to the event to transfer your registration.
Although it has never happened, Maria Killam Inc. reserves the right to cancel this event at any time and for reasons beyond our control, including but not limited to the COVID-19 virus, illness, inclement weather or force majeure. In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel, you will be offered a full refund less the $500 processing fee. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a refund or transfer to the same event at a new future date or venue. Maria Killam Inc. is not responsible for any additional costs (e.g. travel, hotel) you may incur due to cancellation of the event.
Note: All prices are subject to change. Any applicable taxes will be added to deposit and balance amounts.