You’ve always had a good eye. You can tell when something looks off – whether it’s in your home (or a client’s home). But, how do you explain it to someone else?
Which part, exactly, isn’t right – and how do you fix it – without making things worse?
In two days, you’ll discover how to look at the big picture to make the right colour and decorating choices for your home – but also the confidence that comes with understanding what’s missing or wrong and how to make it better.
💌 Once you enroll, we’ll send you the WowBox filled with all the materials you need for the training.
What else will I learn?
⭐️ Day 1 is all about Learning a New Language for Colour:
- The three most powerful and effective ways to compare and describe colour, including neutrals, whites and saturated colours.
- My System for Understanding Undertones™. Walk away from confusion about the nuances of neutrals forever by learning my specific and effective new language for the 9 most common and useful undertones of neutrals.
- Why white doesn’t have to be complicated. My system reduces the overwhelming world of whites to the 4 most useful gradations of the best whites you will ever need
- You’ll also discover some colour and design history, aka, “What does knowing about past colour trends have to do with me in 2022?” A LOT actually. To work well with colour, you need to have an understanding of where we’ve been and where we are going.
- Finally, I will share my perspective as a designer. I believe that the best spaces are simple and TIMELESS so you can get off the renovation cycle and express yourself through styling and decorating.
- And YES! I will share my best tips for developing your decorating and styling skills. Because that’s where the MAGIC IS!
⭐️ Day 2 is all about Making Colour Choices:
In Day 1 we established a firm foundation for comparing and describing colour. Equally important is learning the process for choosing colour in real life situations. Which elements are most important. What comes first? How to coordinate the colour of anything from tile to soft furnishings.
To create spaces that fill you with joy, you need a system.
- Learn to create beautifully coordinated combinations of finishes for timeless bathrooms and kitchens that are a delight to style and decorate. If you get it right, you’ll never have to renovate again because of a trendy choice with an expiry date.
- Learn the huge potential of these gorgeously simple and versatile, TIMELESS backdrops I’m teaching you to create for expressing yourself (or your client’s unique personality) with decorating and styling.
- Learn the best place to start to create perfect colour palettes for decorating any room.
- Learn how to make the best of less than ideal design situations with the most flattering colour choices. Often, you’ll get much more out of decorating and styling a room well than by fixing expensive colour mistakes.
- There are endless decorating challenges and colour problems to be solved. It all takes practice and experience! But in Day 2, you will gain invaluable insight into my own experiences and process for solving colour puzzles and decorating challenges of all kinds.
🎁 Here’s what you get when you enroll:
- In-class, hands-on exercises where you look at real rooms to help train your eye for colour.
- WowBox delivered to your front door and filled with all the materials you need for the training.
- A workbook filled with useful colour principles, exercises, guidelines and cheat sheets!
- Digital versions of my new Understanding Undertones colour wheel and more.
- My two eBooks emailed to you ahead of time: How to Choose Paint Colours — It’s All in the Undertones and White is Complicated
- Exclusive, discounted rates on my colour boards and other online courses.
- Certification as a True Colour Expert™. With this certification, you’ll receive a True Colour Expert button to display on your website and print materials.
- Private Facebook group access to my exclusive True Colour Expert Facebook page. This is PRICELESS! If you work alone and need a sounding board for the endless decisions in your design and colour consulting business, you’ll find a community of true colour experts ready to collaborate with you.
- Earn 14 IDCEC Accredited CEUs for Interior Design
Still wondering if this training is for you?
If you have the interest and passion to understand colour better and make the best colour choices for your home or your clients’ homes, this training is definitely for you. And let me just add this: If you want a beautiful home you’ll love forever – THIS WORKSHOP is for you!
There is only one way to become a True Colour Expert, and you have found it. Space is limited to allow for interactive and hands-on learning, so reserve your spot now!
If you are an interior designer who needs CEUs to maintain your ASID or IDCEC status, this course is IDCEC approved, with credits granted for each day of training.
RECORDING CONSENT: By purchasing this product you agree that the video and recording may be used in promotional materials.
LIVE TRAINING CANCELLATION POLICY:
If for any reason you need to cancel your registration for a Specify Colour With Confidence training, we will issue you a refund less a $125 non-refundable processing fee any time up to 3 weeks before the start of the course.
Cancellations or transfers made within 3 weeks of course start date are not eligible for a refund. Instead, the registration may be applied to any True Colour Expert training held within the following 12 calendar months. A $500 non-refundable transfer fee will apply to any cancellations or transfers made within 3 weeks prior to the start of the course.
** Alternatively, you may have someone substitute for your participation in the course. Call Maria Killam Inc. Customer Service Department at 1- 604-490-6251 at least 30 days prior to the event to transfer your registration (transfer fee is $125). We are dealing with multiple dates, keeping track of multiple people, and we are shipping physical products. There is a lot of manual labour dedicated to moving people around and ensuring they still receive the best experience possible. **
Although it has never happened, Maria Killam Inc. reserves the right to cancel this event at any time and for reasons beyond our control, including but not limited to the COVID-19 virus, illness, inclement weather or force majeure. In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel, you will be offered a full refund less the $500 processing fee. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a refund or transfer to the same event at a new future date.
Note: All prices are subject to change. Any applicable taxes will be added to registration and balance amounts.