Spend three days with me where I will reveal what doesn’t get covered in design school, the colour industry, with your contractor, or anywhere else online or in print. You’ll walk away knowing precisely how to distinguish undertones and work with complex neutrals, and your eye will be trained to see what others just can’t. This training is open to all designers, colour enthusiasts and homeowners alike.
You’ll also learn my Colour Confidence Method™, a proven technique that will give you the expertise and confidence you need to raise your rates immediately.
My method covers:
- Day 1: My System for Understanding Undertones™. It all comes down to 9 undertones. ANYWHERE you go in the world, they are the same. They can be transferred to ANY colour system – wall colour, countertops, tiles, fabric, wallpaper and more.
- Day 2: ALL NEW! The White Workshop. Learn everything you need to know about choosing white. It includes the 4 gradations of white, when and how to specify them, plus the control whites you’ll need for choosing white tile accurately.
- Day 3: Learn the Business of Colour. I’ll help set you up for success by sharing how and what to charge for your services, how to ask for the money, how to see and help your clients with colour online so you can add this valuable and lucrative service to your list of offerings – I’ll even give you a free digital copy of my eDesign template.
- Learn the must-know principles of colour consulting that will give your clients true value in their decorating, renovating, or building projects.
- Find out how to help your clients get more from their budgets than they thought possible
- Discover 10 steps you’ll use to ace every consultation.
- Learn the exact language you’ll use to help your clients understand the “why” of your suggestions (i.e., why “this” is the best choice and why “that” isn’t). Often you know intuitively that something works or doesn’t but you aren’t able to explain why your suggestions are correct.
- How to see when colour can create magic and when it can’t.
True Colour Expert Training Includes:
- 3 days of live, in-person training with world-renowned colorist, Maria Killam.
- Your own complete and extensive workbook filled with useful cheat sheets, business forms and templates, plus information you can refer back to as you build your experience and train your eye.
- Maria’s two e-books, How to Choose Paint Colours — It’s All in the Undertones; White is Complicated
- Unlimited access to Maria’s NEW Exterior Masterclass training ($497 value)
- Use of an in-class fan deck
- Hands-on group exercises with fabric, hard finishes and large paint samples during class. Maria works with each group individually to tweak their colour selections and explain WHY each choice is the correct one
- A FREE complete digital template for creating your own custom eDesign presentations for your clients
- FREE access to my newest online course: Masterclass on Exterior Colour Selection ($497 value)
- A $350 bonus photography tip you’ll start using immediately
- SPECIAL in-class rates on my colour boards
- Catered lunch, coffee, soft drinks and snacks each day
- Certification as a True Colour Expert™ with a certified button to display on your website and print materials
- Access to an exclusive True Colour Expert Facebook page. This is PRICELESS! Especially if you work alone and sometimes need a sounding board for the endless decisions in your design and colour consulting business
There is only one way in the world to become a True Colour Expert, and you’re looking at it. Space is limited to allow for interactive and hands-on learning, so reserve your spot now.
Still wondering if this training is for you? If you have the passion to start down this new path, you are welcome regardless of credentials or experience!
COURSE PRICE: Early Bird Rate $2250,
Regular Price $2500 ($1250 Deposit, $1000 Final Balance Due 3 weeks out)
DATES & TIME: May 6 – 8th, 2020
- Wednesday, May 6th – 9:30am – 5:00pm
- Thursday, May 7th – 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Friday, May 8th – 9:00am – 3:00pm
C Banquets | 300 City Centre Drive, 12th Floor | Mississauga, ON L5B 3C1 (across from Square One Shopping Centre) | Tel: +1 905-615-3200
RECOMMENDED HOTEL (Sleeping room is not included in course price):
Delta Hotels Toronto Mississauga | 3670 Hurontario St. | Mississauga, ON L5B 1P3 | Tel: +1 905-896-1000
- For reservations: Call Marriott at +1 905-896-1000 and reference Group Name ‘Maria Killam May 2020‘ to receive the discounted rate or book online here.
- Discounted rates valid from Check In Date: May 5, 2020 | Check Out Date: May 8th, 2020
- Room Type: Standard 1 King Room for $159 / night + taxes
- This group rate expires: April 2, 2020. Rooms are subject to availability and may sell out!
IDCEC APPROVED: If you are an interior designer who needs CEUs to maintain your ASID or IDCEC status, note that this course is IDCEC approved, with credits granted for each day of training.
LIVE TRAINING CANCELLATION POLICY: A deposit refund, minus a $500 non-refundable registration fee, is available if you cancel three weeks prior to the course date. Cancellations made within three weeks of course date will not receive a refund. Instead, the deposit must be applied to any True Colour Expert training held within the following 12 calendar months, if not your deposit will be forfeited. A $75 non-refundable fee will apply if you transfer your registration to another course.
Note: All prices are subject to change. Any applicable taxes will be added to deposit and balance amounts.